and Community Involvement
We're just getting started to organize and plan for what we will need to make the Marshfield Dog Park a reality. All suggestions and assistance are welcome.
Volunteers are needed to assist with all aspects of this project including, but not limited to:
- Dog Park Committee - to meet monthly or as needed to oversee the Dog Park Project
- Communications: Education and Publicity - press releases, newspaper articles, newsletters, mailings, brochures, radio spots on WATD
- Fundraising - includes private/business donations, sponsorship by local businesses, sponsorship of items in the park, fundraiser events
- Legal issues
- Insurance issues
- Rules and regulations
- Park design and landscaping
- Park maintenance - Monthly maintenance day- supply coffee & donuts to volunteers
- Park monitoring - check on the condition of the park, adherence of the rules, usage
- Community Partnerships with Vets, trainers, attorney, landscape designer, tax expert
- Beautification - Ask for corporate & individual sponsors
- Special Events subcommittees - fundraiser, seminars, training classes, etc.
Marshfield's Animal Control Officer, Norma Haskins, has offered to assist in various ways:
- Donate $2000 towards start up costs from the Trotta estate funds
- Can provide a mailing list and labels of all licensed dog households
- Will supply and stock the waste collection bags
- Will serve in an advisory capacity to the Dog Park Committee and attend Dog Park Committee meetings
Bark Park Committee Meeting
Next Meeting TBD
New Volunteers are always welcome!
We will also post news and upcoming events on this website.